March 16, 2020
As a leading therapy provider in Arizona, our commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for our patients and employees is always on the forefront of our minds. As we stated Friday, since our inception we have always taken the necessary steps to prevent the spread of cold, flu, and other illnesses. We have always cleaned our tables, clinics, and equipment with medical grade disinfectant before and after each patient. Our therapists always wash their hands before working with a new patient and often times in between. Our front office team regularly disinfects common areas.
We understand the fear and anxiety regarding this new coronavirus, COVID-19, and we want to reassure everyone that we are taking extra steps as a precaution for our clinics and our patients. Effective immediately, AzOPT & Kids Place will be implementing the following additional safety plans:
- Waiting rooms are closed. We ask that only the patient or the patient with one parent/guardian be in attendance during the time of their therapy session.
- All patients will be asked to sanitize or wash their hands immediately when entering our facility and again prior to leaving.
- All patients will check in verbally, we will no longer have a written sign-in sheet.
- At Kids Place, we will temporarily suspend group sessions along with the use of our sensory bins, crash mats, and any other fabric surfaces.
We believe the results of therapy are best through consistency and therapist interaction, and will not be closing until such time our Government mandates it. This is not to be insensitive to the risk of our community posed by this virus, but instead to allow patients and families to continue their services in a safe, medical environment.
If you do have an upcoming appointment, and find yourself, or someone you live with, displaying any common flu-like symptoms, please stay home and notify us. All late-cancellation fees will be waived at this time with notice prior to your appointment.
Please remember, this is a difficult time for a lot of people. School closures and business interruptions affect many people, and threaten our livelihoods. Take care of your families, but also take care of one another. We will get through this together.
Ryann and Teri
March 13, 2020
At AzOPT & Kids Place, the health and safety of our employees and patients is always our priority. As a healthcare provider, we have and will continue to take all necessary precautions. Our existing procedures to clean and sanitize our clinics were put into place to help prevent the spread of cold, flu, and other illnesses. We are confident that that these procedures, along with sensible health and sanitation practices from our patients, should deter the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
At this time, all AzOPT & Kids Place locations will remain open and committed to helping our patients Feel Better, Function Better and Live Better. However, if you have a fever or an acute respiratory infection, we will not be able to treat you and ask you remain home. As parents, siblings, and friends ourselves, we will monitor the quickly evolving news in real time, relying on the CDC, the WHO, and our local/federal government to make informed decisions. In the meantime, please follow these basic guidelines to help prevent the spread of all illnesses:
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your face and rubbing your eyes.
- Cover your coughs/sneezes with a tissue and immediately wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay home if you feel sick, or if a family member is sick.
For the latest information from the CDC, please visit www.coronavirus.gov.
We will post future updates on social media.
Thank you, and take care of one another.
Ryann and Teri